Grant Information


Related Links

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Find out more information about home owning, buying, renting and financing.


For local SC information
Contact: Dept. of Housing
And Urban Development
Strom Thurmond Federal Building
1835 Assembly St, 13 Floor
Columbia, SC 29201


Click to the link below.


April is Fair Housing Month

This is the 2016 message we would like to share:

Exposing Housing Discrimination: A Conversation with Marge Turner and Justin Carter


Carolina Community Action Agency, Inc. 
Does your home need Weatherizing? Find out more information on this program and other programs. 
For more information in Fairfield County Contact: 
400 South Congress St., 
Winnsboro, SC 29180

Main Office: Rock Hill


For more information Contact: Finding the grant that you qualify for should begin with a search through the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA).You can request a copy of this catalog by mail or download a readable PDF version of the catalog at the government site for grants, 


Federal Grants for Senior Citizens

Over the years, you may have heard that the United States government is continually offering different types of grants for different groups of people. But did you know that some of these grants are crafted for seniors? The types of grants that are available to senior citizens include housing assistance grants, debt assistance grants, educational grants, and grant money to help start a business, among others.

Grants and Funds for College
The best money is free money. The biggest sources of free money these days are federal and state grants. Grants make up about 40% of college funds with loans filling in the rest.
Grants are a much better deal than loans, of course, because you don't have to pay the money back. Grant money is usually
based on need and is often
given on a first-come, first-served
basis. Apply early!!! There are 4
major types of grants:
· Federal Pell Grant
· Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants
· State grants
· Institutional grants
How can you improve your chances of getting a grant? The first step is filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, which you can submit online, find at schools' financial-aid offices, or have mailed to you by calling the U.S. Department of Education at (800) 433-3243.